On August 12, CMS released more updates to the RAI User’s Manual for the MDS 3.0. Under the downloads section of CMS’ MDS 3.0 Training Materials Web page, the following revised training materials are now available:
- Please Note: A new naming convention is now being used for the MDS 3.0 RAI Manual.
- Any sections or chapters that have had revisions will now have an updated version number along with the month and year that the information was revised (e.g. MDS 3.0 Chapter 4 V1.03 August 2010). Subsequent revisions of any section or chapter of the manual will have updated version numbers (e.g. V1.04, V1.05, etc…)
- Any sections or chapters that have NOT been revised will have the same version number, month, and year that that version was last published (e.g. MDS 3.0 RAI Manual Chapter 3 Section A V1.02 July 2010). However, you will notice that the “day” has been dropped from the file name now that we do not have frequent updates to the manual.
- Any changes from the previous version of all Chapter 3 Sections are now listed at the beginning of each respective section.
- MDS 3.0 RAI Manual Chapter 4 has been reposted and is available for download in the file labeled “MDS 3.0 RAI Manual August 2010.”
- MDS 3.0 RAI Manual Chapter 3 Updates: V1.03 of the following sections – A, C, D, E, F, G, K, M, O, P, X, and Z.
- VIVE – Video on Interviewing Vulnerable Elders – Will be available for ordering from CMS beginning the week of August 16, 2010. Please visit http://productordering.cms.hhs.gov to order a copy of the DVD (CMS Product No. 11479-CD). This Video on Interviewing Vulnerable Elders (VIVE) was funded by the Picker Institute and produced by the UCLA/JH Borun Center.
Stay tuned for analysis of these changes.