On November 5, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released corrections to the current version of the MDS 3.0 RAI User’s Manual.
Corrections include (directly from CMS):
- The flowchart “ADL Self-Performance Algorithm,” which describes the algorithm for ADL function items in Chapter 3 Section G (page G-7), and the accompanying change table
- Coding examples in Chapter 3 Section O (page O-33)
- A change table page incorrectly transcribed from Chapter 3 Section O (page 3)
Three files marked “(R)” are available in the Downloads section below as part of this errata release. Note that two files are revised and one is a new, additional file. All three files include an “(R)” at the end of the file name.
Two previously issued files have been updated in this release:
- “MDS 3 0 RAI Manual v1_11 and Change Tables_October 25 2013 (R).zip” and
- “MDS 3 0 RAI Manual v1_11 Changed Pages and Change Tables_October 25 2013 (R).zip”
Note that “(R)” is printed on page O-33 in Section O, on pages 3, 5, and 6 of the Section O Change Table, on page G-7 in Section G, and on page 7 of the Section G Change Table to indicate that the correction has been made.
An additional file, “MDS 3 0 RAI v1 11 Chapter 3 Sections G and O Replacement Pages_October 25 2013(R).zip” contains only the pages affected in this errata release: RAI manual page O-33, Section O change table pages 5 and 6, Section O change table page 3, manual page G-7, and Section G change table page 7.
- “MDS 3 0 RAI v1 11 Chapter 3 Sections G and O Replacement Pages_October 25 2013(R).zip”