The evolving post-acute care industry landscape introduces greater accountability, a heightened focus on patient outcomes, and significant payment reform for skilled nursing facilities (SNFs). Building solid processes and systems is critical for staying compliant under the numerous Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) regulatory changes effective at the beginning of each new fiscal year.
HCPro’s SNF Regulatory Update Boot Camp covers the industry changes that impact your clinical and financial operations while providing strategies for achieving and sustaining compliance in the future marketplace. Attendees can expect to learn best practices for leading and managing facilities to avoid survey issues, claims audits, and improper Medicare payments.
The SNF Regulatory Update Boot Camp will give you the knowledge and confidence to:
- Gain a thorough understanding of the Patient-Driven Payment Model (PDPM) and strategies for optimizing and projecting revenue
- Understand how the MDS links to SNF payment
- Understand industry trends in payment reform, including how to obtain eligibility to participate in alternative payment models
- Achieve regulatory compliance through effective leadership and implementation of effective processes and systems
- Comply with CMS regulations and Medicare reimbursement guidelines through easy-to-understand descriptions and analysis
- Identify the sources of quality measures and determine how they impact surveys, payment, and public reports
- Implement and maintain an ongoing quality improvement program using quality measure report analysis
- Implement an effective compliance and ethics program to identify and mitigate risk
- Understand the conditions of participation (COP) revisions and changes to the survey process to reduce risks for survey deficiencies
- Compare Medicare review entities and the focus of their reviews (audits)
Benefits of this Boot Camp include:
- A focus on the actual rules—Understand the changing regulatory landscape and ensure your facility is obtaining correct reimbursement and quality outcomes.
- Hands-on learning—Participants complete a set of exercises at the end of each module to ensure they understand the concepts and know how to apply them to real-world situations.
- Custom-designed course materials—Materials are developed by instructors and editors specifically for this intensive learning format. Each participant receives comprehensive course materials and convenient access to current Medicare statutes, regulations, and guidelines.
- Small class size—Class size is limited to ensure individual attention.
- Highly rated—Course participants consistently give HCPro’s courses an overall rating of 4.8 or higher (on a five-point scale).