The American Health Care Association (AHCA) and National Center for Assisted Living (NCAL) recently awarded four SNFs and one assisted living community their highest accolade, the Gold Quality Award.
For SNFs to be considered for this award, they must “have invested multiple years in mastering and applying the rigorous quality improvement standards of the Baldrige Criteria to achieve superior results in leadership, strategic planning, customer and workforce focus, and operations and knowledge management,” according to AHCA.
Since the inception of the award in 1996, only 38 long-term and post-acute facilities have received this top distinction.
The recipients are as follows:
- Christian Health Care Center, a skilled nursing and assisted living facility in Wyckoff, New Jersey
- George E. Wahlen Ogden Veteran’s Home, a skilled nursing center in Ogden, Utah
- Parker at Stonegate, an assisted living community in Highland Park, New Jersey
- The Villages Rehabilitation and Nursing, a skilled nursing center in Lady Lake, Florida
- Vista Pacifica Convalescent, a skilled nursing center in Riverside, California