Start preparing for a return to operations that will no longer include relaxed requirements brought on by the 1135 and related waivers that CMS put in place during the pandemic.
Home health: For home health, waivers that may have proved most valuable and which may be the most challenging to unwind include:
- The waiver for the 30-day deadline on OASIS submissions
- Extending the 5-day completion requirement for the comprehensive assessment to 30 days
- Allowing the initial assessment to determine patient homebound status to occur remotely or by record review
- Waiving onsite supervisory visits of aides.
Hospice: Waivers that may have proved most valuable for hospices include:
- Extending the timeframe to update the comprehensive assessment from 15 to 21 days
- Waiving onsite visits for hospice aid supervision
- Waiving the volunteer requirement.