Postacute care staff struggle to adopt health IT technology, according to a new study by Black Book Market Research. The study found that 90% of the 1,640 postacute care facilities surveyed lacked IT capabilities and preparation to successfully transition to value-based care in 2020.
The study also found that:
- 14% of Skilled Nursing Facilities and residential long-term care centers report daily use of an electronic health record.
- 72% of post-acute organizations report not having the internal human resources or capital to implement an IT strategy and successfully implement solutions in 2019.
- 77% of executives will attempt non-technological collaborations with VBC partnerships in 2020. 8 percent are hopeful to utilize currently available health information exchanges (HIEs) and accountable care organization (ACO) resources as VBC support.
- 10% of post-acute organizations plan to assess some form of updated workflow and/or data analysis tools in the coming calendar year.
- Only 4% are evaluating or implementing patient engagement solutions in 2020.