Agencies and stakeholders have until Friday, August 27, to provide comments on the 2022 Home Health final rule. Formal comments can be submitted online.
Introduced in late June, the proposed rule:
- Plots a national expansion for the Home Health Value-Based Purchasing (HHVBP) model in 2022
- Sets a date for OASIS-E implementation: January 1, 2023
- Increases the home health payment rate by 1.7%, or $310 million, while also recalibrating PDGM case-mix weights, functional levels and comorbidity adjustments
- Implements the notice of admission (NOA) as a replacement of the RAP.
- Introduces new survey guidance for hospice providers and Medicare contractors.